Tomato's Frequently Asked Questions & Tips
- Fixes for udhcpc. Thanks to fedor for his help.
- Warn if saving an empty Access Restriction since it's the same as blocking everything.
- Add option in Admin:Access to select which menus are permanently expanded.
- Increase PPPoE username and password length.
- Increase limit for web_printf to avoid problems handling very long variables.
- Update Dnsmasq to 2.55.
- Allow a different port to be entered in Basic:Network:Static DNS (enter as "ip:port"). Be aware that dnsmasq must act as the DNS server (the default setting) when not using the normal port 53.
- Allow DHCP to serve the user-entered gateway (in Basic:Network) if the option in Advanced:DHCP is enabled.
- Do not start miniupnpd early to avoid warning messages.
- Update Australian DST (need to re-select), add Darwin, Brisbane TZ. Thanks to Peter O. for the info.
- Avoid double loading of tomato.css
- Fix possible null dereference in sendpage
- Collapsed all menus. For the old look, set nvram: "web_mx=status,bwm,tools"
- Obscured some key/password fields when not in focus.
- Accept more than two MAC addresses per IP address (ex: one IP for a laptop either wired or wireless [one at a time]). Note: Some computers may not like seeing the same IP unless it's restarted.
- Added LED options back in Admin:Buttons/LED.
- Added ID for WLA2-G54L, TrueMobile 2300 thanks to Nick B. and David J.
- Added EditDNS thanks to Keith M.
- Added UTC+4:30 Kabul time zone.
- Fixed port set validation allowed more than what could be handled.
- Allow rstats to log if WAN port is used for LAN.
- Update dnsmasq to 2.51, miniupnpd 1.4, busybox 1.14.4, matrixssl 1.8.8.
- Fixed WL MAC address may not be set properly. This seems to have caused various connectivity problems, including a possibility of getting locked out.
Here's 1.24... Sorry for the long pause there. Have a nice weekend everyone. :)
- Fixed static IP entry was ignored if it exceeded a certain length even though the GUI allowed it.
- Fixed Device List may not display Static IP hostnames.
- miniupnpd replaces the older UPnP service, adds NAT-PMP support (must enable).
- Added options for DDNS refresh time and do not perform an 'NVRAM commit' for DynDNS in the GUI.
- Added ID for WTR54GS, WZR-G108 - thanks to BaoWeiQuan; WR100 - thanks to Hovsep.
- Various fixes, WL500GP, WL520GU, WBR2G54 - thanks to Fedor.
- Added options for more SSH/telnet connect limits in Admin:Access.
- Added option to use WAN port for LAN in Basic:Network.
- Reworked logout. Tested with IE, FF, Safari, Opera, Chrome.
- Updated Busybox 1.14.0, Dnsmasq 2.47, L7 filters 20090510.
- Startup LED options removed from GUI. You can still enable LEDs at startup by adding
any of the following lines in Admin:Scripts:Init:
led amber on
led white on
led aoss on
- Show Browser Icon option removed. It's now always enabled.
- Fixed remote logging didn't work if 'log internally' was disabled.
- Updated - Dnsmasq 2.46, Dropbear 0.52 & Busybox 1.12.3.
- DDNS now works even if WAN is disabled as long as DDNS uses an external checker or a pre-defined IP (Basic:DDNS:IP Address).
- TCP Vegas (TCP congestion control) added (enable in QOS:Settings), thanks to Rodney H.
- SYN cookies setting in Advanced:Firewall.
- Status:Device List now shows OUI, Static IP, Add Wireless Filter links in a separate line.
- Removed ebtables patch which appears to have caused various problems.
- Create Backup setting & Backup Link URL in Admin:Bandwidth.
Support for the Buffalo WHR-G54S has been included in the regular Tomato release. See http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato/ for details.