Please consider donating to the Rikaichan Project if you like this add-on. ^_^
» Rikaichan 3.02
The last version of Rikaichan can be downloaded here
» Firefox v57+
Please note that Firefox v57+ no longer supports XUL-based addons like Rikaichan.
You can find alternative versions of Rikaichan (made by others) that will work in Firefox 57+ here:
If you still want to use this version of Rikaichan
will need to use a Firefox-based browser that still support XUL-based addons like
(until around May 2018), Waterfox
, Pale Moon
» Rikaichan 3.xx
This release focuses mainly on making Rikaichan more compatible with Firefox's multiprocess mode
- Numerous code changes for Firefox e10s compatibility.
- Added XHTML support. Thanks to William C.
- Added white color theme. Thanks to Vitaly L.
- M/N/B keys (next/back) now shows the next/previous element at the end of the current one.
3.01: (replaced with 3.02 while in review queue, so it's not available)
- Fix Thunderbird send button was disabled.
- Cleanup database functions.
- Don't use device pixel ratio by default (used mainly for zoom adjustment). This caused popup position problems on some systems. This can still be enabled in the options screen if needed.
- Add option to let users adjust the vertical position of the popup.
Major changes have been made to the code, so be aware that some things may still be buggy in this version.
Please report problems to this email
» Release channel files
» Beta channel files
» Rikaichan 2.xx
NOTE: 2.xx is not fully compatible with Firefox Electrolysis/e10s (current Firefox versions). It will not work correctly unless
you disable e10s/enable the "shims."
- Re-enabled the menus again by default. Sorry for the confusion everyone.
- Fixed rules and handling of verbs.
- Settings now use the extensions prefix. Users may need to re-enter the settings (sorry about this).
- Refactored a few depreciated code.
- Now runs with E10S enabled. This actually needs a lot more work, but for now it will at least run with E10S enabled using compatibility shims.
You can download 2.09 here
» Installing in Thunderbird?
- Right-click the link, select Save As and save the *.xpi file somewhere in your computer.
- In Thunderbird, open the Tools menu, click Addons, then click the Install button and find the downloaded *.xpi file.
Please install one or more dictionary files to use with Rikaichan.
The files listed above are signed, but are no longer updated.
Unsigned Dictionary Files
The files listed above are not signed. These files will only work on Firefox-based browsers or
older Firefox browsers that do not require a signed extension